Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Weds., July 23

Tomorrow Tracker goes in for his first heart worm treatment, so he will have to be kept calm for a few weeks. That should be a fun experiment, this boy comes bounding out of his crate full of energy and ready to play. He and my 15 month old V puppy Jake have been playing tug-of-war for days, so much for all the stuffed animals we had collected. Tracker can also catch a frisbee in the air and LOVES to chase lizards. He does great with all other dogs, has been to the dog park and has tail wags for everyone. He and Jake fell asleep on the couch last night all tangled up in each other snuggling, I tried to get a picture, but in typical vizsla fashion, they jumped up to follow me when I went to get the camera.

He's extremely affectionate and sweet, loves any and all attention, is scared of nothing and is going to make somebody a great pet.

I'll also be posting another dog to the "Available Dogs" page too. He's about 2 years old, but he needs to go to a hunting home, he's a hunting dog through and through. He'd prefer hunting to snuggling on the couch, but in the right home he can make a great dog and hunting companion. I'll post more information as it comes in!

1 comment:

TobeW said...

I love this Blog. I am the very proud Rescue Mom of 2 very special Vizsla's, that I will thank Kim Deturk and Don Bonnice every day I live for. My life will be changed forever because of these amazing creatures.

Hannah is my first rescue. She came from the big Pasco County rescue in Sept 2005. She is now 6 1/2.

Nikki is my second rescue. He came to me in Apr 2006, and is now 3 1/2. He became my Service Dog 6 months ago after I had a serious accident a year ago, causing Brain damage and several spinal disc ruptures. He also just passed his CGC and Therapy Dog Certification on Wed July 23rd, thanks to a very special Susan Wallace. I thank her so much.

Hannah and Nikki were just filmed by Producers of the Oxygen Channel, and they will be submitting the film and stories of them and their incredible abilities to the Animal Planet and Discovery Channel for a show on Service Dogs, Therapy Dogs and rescue dogs that can help change the lives of the sick and disabled.

I will be at the Fun Weekend on Aug 2-3, 2008. Hope to see many of you there.

Please keep us posted on Tracker and Penny, they both sound like incredible Vizsla's, as they all are. No one should have just one!!!

Tobe W.